A bride’s wedding day is an emotionally charged marathon. The bride isn’t just marrying the love of their life, they’ve spent many months preparing and planning for their perfect day. This precious day was likely preceded by a restless or possibly sleepless night, started early with a morning appointment with hair and makeup, involves simultaneous nerves, stress and elation, and usually finishes late, probably under the influence of a glass or two of bubbles!
If you’re privileged to be part of the wedding day preparations or to be attending a wedding then think before you speak. Here’s some hints on what NOT to say:
- “Don’t worry but …” No explanation need for this one.
- “What a pity …” See point one.
- “I told you so …” The phrase most likely to result in wedding day bloodshed!
- “I’m surprised you invited … or didn’t invite …” We all know family and friends can be a sensitive issue. A wedding day is the time to forget any past issues, and to enjoy the moment for the happy couple.
- And finally, any mention of unhappy endings. We all know the statistics on divorce, but this really isn’t the time or place!
If you’re looking for support and lots of inspiration, make sure you join our bridal tribe.